This is my collection of some vintage pyrex bowls. This however is NOT perfect set. Why?
Well these colorful set of bowls were first produced in the 1940's. Then in the 70's they were in high demand again, so they made a reproduction of them. Some of the antique dealers I have talked to dont even know the difference. And a set like this will be sold for the lowest I've seen for it is $75.
They stack nicely. I love these bowls and will continue to look for the 40's red and blue bowl.
This is the bottom of the 40's piece. It just says PYREX then above it says T.M. REG. and below it says U.S. PAT. OFF...No numbers on these.
This is the bottom of the 70's reproduction. It says PYREX and above it says TRADEMARK with some numbers and below it says MADE IN THE U.S.A. OVENWARE.
So that is the way to tell them apart.....An antique store in town has the same exact bowls as above the yellow and green from the 40's and the red and blue from the 70's and they are asking 75 bucks for em. I got my pieces separate at different antique shops..I loved the thrill of the hunt. I wanted a full set from the 40's but this is what I ended up with. I couldnt resist, they were good buys. My set cost me $29 total.
The yellow bowl free from MIL
The green bowl $12
The red bowl $10
The blue bowl $7
BUT the hunt is not over, I will still be looking for the original RED and BLUE. I have some other collectible pyrex bowls too. And I do use these bowls. The kids love to eat cereal or soup outta the little blue one.
Do you have any kind of collections? If so I'd love to hear about em ;)
Thanks for stopping by, and to GOODWIFE, I made some homemade chicken noodle soup today, that will be my next post. Stay tuned!


I really like these bowls and have been lookin for them in the antique stores when we go there, I have bought any... yet. Your set is pretty :)
ReplyDeleteMy mother in law has some that she has had for over 30 years and she is always amazed at how much they cost in the antique stores. She still uses hers on a daily basis as well.
ReplyDeleteI always look for them when I go to yard sales but I have yet to find them.
Sarah
Thanks ya'll. Hope you find your bowls. There are so many different sets out there. This set is my favorite, just so colorful. Someone suggested to me to look on ebay, but to me, thats too easy and takes the fun out of it. I like to hunt for my treasures, kinda feels just like that, A Treasure Hunt..Happy hunting to you both : )
ReplyDeleteI'd rather hunt for mine too... it is fun :)
ReplyDeleteWhoo hoo! I can't wait to hear how your soup turned out! I too love the old kitchen "tools", love to actually use them and love the hunt. I like the old pyrex storage containers and am like a pig in a mud hole when I find them, I get so excited!
ReplyDeleteThese are wonderful bowls, I still use mine dailey.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your search.