Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Oatmeal Cookies








So today I needed to refill the cookie jar that has been empty a couple a days now. I have been trying lately to bake our goodies instead of pickin up the prepackaged ones at the grocery store..Its really cheaper that way and they are so much tastier. Well today I decided to make Oatmeal Cookies. I made this particular recipe a couple of weeks ago and my crew loved it.
Above are the ingredients you'll need.
1-1/4 cups all pupose flour
1-tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 sticks butter softened
3/4 cups sugar
3/4 cups packed brown sugar
2 lg. eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups oatmeal
Preheat oven to 375. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Then in a larger bowl beat butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Slowly mix in the flour mixture. Once that is mixed thoroughly then begin adding your oatmeal. Mixture will be thick. Now drop by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased baking pan. Bake approx. 7-8 minutes..just watch closely so they dont burn. When they are done, remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes on pan before removing. If you try removing them too soon they will fall apart..I know this! Once cooled you can fill that cookie jar up and watch them disappear.
***HINT***
If anyone has ever had cookies come out too crunchy and wished they woulda been a little softer. Dont worry you can make them soft and chewy with this little trick. Wherever it is you store your cookies (cookie jar, ziploc bag etc.) Just place a piece of bread in there with them. The cookies pull the moisture outta the bread they become soft and chewy. It really works.


















1 comment:

  1. We love Oatmeal cookies and sometimes when I cant decide what kind I want, I'll make oatmeal, choc. chip, peanut butter cookies... yum. LOL... I do the bread trick too, my mommma told me that one years ago. I rather make than buy cookies too... gosh I dont remember the last time I bought store cookies?!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha' think about that? Feel free to leave us a comment ; )