Thursday, May 27, 2010

Shoot me week 15 of 52

Forever In Blue Jeans




This weeks shoot me was taken last week at a field trip to the Heritage Village..Its got lots of old original buildings. Jail, post office, general store, church, school house..etc.
This is a friend and me on the right taken in front of an old hay barn..we both just loved this old barn. Our boys took a pic of us with our cell phones.

This is my son in the old one room schoolhouse..wearing the dunce hat...all the kids wanted to take a pic with it on...Lol

Only 10 years old and already in jail..Lol
These are all original buildings that were once in use..they have been donated over the years to this facility to learn about the history of our local communities.

In front of an old dairy wagon that was used to deliver fresh milk, cream and other products many years ago.
Standing in front of an old water well..he was pumping the handle and if you look you can see it is actually trying to come off...oops.

This reminds me so much of little house on the prairie..doesnt it?

I was trying out the teachers desk...Lol Everything seems so tiny back then.
Well on all our adventures that day look who we found.....Its Kawliga the wooden Indian!  ; )
Havent you ever heard of him? Think Hank Williams Sr. Now do you remember? He seemed really glad to see us.
Well that concludes my shoot me for this week..hopefully these extra pics I put up will make up for my missing weeks ; )
Ya'll have a great day!

 P.S....Sorry for the quality of the pics..they were taken on my cell phone. I brought my camera, but as I went to use it..I realized there was no card in it. Duh?
I should really check these things b4 I leave the house huh? So I had to use the back up, the good ole' cell phone camera ; )

6 comments:

  1. Those are really neat pictures, what a cool field trip! Must be the week for field trips =) That building in the first pic is so unique. Great pictures, looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey... these are GREAT! What a wonderful field trip, I would love to see all that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pictures. Yes, the one picture does remind me of Little House on the Prairie. I love that show. Looks like you had a good time. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow the place looks really interesting! you really got some nice shots! :)

    u may view mine too here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you all had a good time, especially with the indian. I love learning about and visiting places with history.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so cool. Isn't it funny how big we are compared to people 100 years ago? Crazy...

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha' think about that? Feel free to leave us a comment ; )