
So I am still here ya'll, just so much going on lately..and then when I do get time to get on here it seems like I am so far behind, that I get kinda overwhelmed by it all....This is what I am using for my Shoot Me Week 14..I will catch up with the missing weeks soon..sorry.
This particular pic is one from this past weekend..me and the hubby entered a cookoff, Our 1st one to cook in. Lots of our friends do it all the time, and well this is our first shot at it. I am holding a second place trophy I got in the beans category..that means mine were second to being the best!!!! I was really excited about that. I have never in my 34 yrs won a trophy for anything..Yay!
My good friend that does this all the time got the 3rd place trophy..so it was even that much more fun to each win a trophy.
My hubby was of course the head cook for our team..the team consisting of just me and him that is. He cooked his lil booty off..he cooked the brisket placing 4th and the chicken placing 4th , the ribs placing 7th, and I did the beans and the cookers choice category..you already know how I did on the beans..well the cookers choice..........drum rolll please......................................................I placed last...oh well cant win em all right? I wasnt very pleased with it myself when I turned it in..my rice inside my meatballs didnt get cooked all the way.
It was lots of fun and we will be doing this again...but it is LotS of hard work as well as it can kinda be pricey..with entry fees and then buying all your meats.
Well I know I have lots more to fill ya in on...but this was just a glimpse of our past weekend. Also Hubby won a plaque for the best Masonic display...He is a Mason at our local lodge and this was put on by a nearby lodge..which made it even more Special for him.
I will try and post more..sorry for no posts lately. I just love the warm weather and spend so much time outside..and when I am inside I am cookin or cleanin or foldin laundry..which reminnds me, I got a pile staring me down at the moment....Lol ; )
Talk to you Soon
***this is edited to add..we are going to a family reunion leaving out friday morning coming back sunday...ya'll have a great weekend if I dont chat with b4 then***
Hey girl... that is sooo cool you got 2nd place on your beans! Woohooo Sounds like you all had a great time! Lots Of Fun....
ReplyDeleteDon't worry a bit about it! I'm sort of takin' a sabbatical from bloggin' myself. Too much livin' to do to worry about writing about it! Congrats on winning your trohpy, that's awesome!
ReplyDeleteFound your blog through Carin's. Congratulations on your wins!! I am now a follower.
ReplyDeleteHello!
ReplyDeleteCongrats for winning the second place in the Beans category. Congrats to your husband too! Have a wonderful and memorable reunion!
Don't worry. We are just here and looking forward to more Shoots of yours. ^^,
Thanks for sharing!
Here's my Thursday Shoot. \(^^)
wooohoo! congratulations! :) that was so much fun! and and btw welcome back!
ReplyDeletesorry for the late visit
u may view mine too here