Monday, November 1, 2010

Our new tradition!

Okay so these obviously arent in order but you get the idea ; )





Dont worry he's not shootin chickens...see explanation below
The 1st pic shoulda been the last ; )


This shore' is more fun than carvin' em paw!





My boys are 14and a half and the youngest just turned 11. They think they are too old to trick or treat..well the oldest has decieded that awhile ago..but the youngest decided last yr that He was too old as well....But I still buy pumpkins that they can carve and they carve one for themselves each year...This year we started a new tradition with that though. I bought these pumpkins weeks ago and they have been sittin on the front porch waiting patiently to be carved. Well I made the suggestion that if they wanted to take the .22 and shoot em as target practice they were more than welcome to do it..as long as they threw the pumpkin mess to the chickens when they were done. OH BOY they were all over that!
Oh I so love that when we get the notion to go fire the guns, all we gotta do is walk out our backdoor. Back when we lived in the city limits, we sure couldnt do that!
I Love The Country Life......And I am so glad that we moved out here. I can't believe we have been out here for 1 and 1/2 yrs already!
And I cant believe that in about 3 yrs I will have an Adult Son. Oh where does the time go.....In a few months I will be 35. Someone please tell me where the time went, cause I sure dont know ; )










6 comments:

  1. It does go by way too fast doesn't it! I'll be 34 in January and The Youngun is going to turn 12 on Christmas Eve.........I sometimes wish I could slam on the brakes!

    Very fun that they shot the punkins! The Paintiff and I like to shoot, but The Youngun has sensitive ears and can't stand the noise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha..mine is in January too. Are you a Capricorn too? I am exactly 1 yr older than you Goodwife!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice New Tradition... we dont go trick or treatin either, our youngest will be 12 in Jan. your right where does the time go! Way to fast... our daughter will be graduating next year! I'll be 35 this month... 25, my b-day falls on Thanksgiving this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun day! You just gave me an idea for my pumpkins. ;)

    If you figure out where the time went... wrangle em' up and send it back my way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah Target Practice!! lol I will be 36 in a few months and my oldest is 14... It just doesnt seem possible.. But I have to say I enjoy being in my 30's I will hate to leave them Eventually! I still have a few years!Lol
    I am withyou good wife I wish I could slam on the brakes but make it a Hormone free day with 3 girls that are 14 & 13!lol
    Great Pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you lot have just made me feel old lol
    Shotting pumpkins is a good idea atleast the boys had fun. Good skill for shoting that feral dog too.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha' think about that? Feel free to leave us a comment ; )