I had a friend tell me it was about time I post something. So I thought I would get on here and catch up a bit. As far as my newest chickens, well they still havent started layin yet, they are 21 weeks this week. Egg count has dropped as well from my other 14 layin hens. I was gettin bout 3 a day...yesterday however I was excited to get 5 biggens and 2 littlens(my silky girls).
We have the problem recently arise with killer dogs coming around. They have gottn the taste of chicken blood and they keep coming around my pen. My game roo that was a free ranger went missing last week. Come to find out, he was in the neighbors yard dead all this time. They just so happen to tell my husband this yesterday. That really ticks me off, like ya know, have the respect to come and say I think this is one of your chickens over here...and my other neighbor had a dead rooster in her yard as well, went to check it out but it wasnt none of mine....So with that said, we will be dog hunting this weekend and if any dog comes to our chicken pen, it will have a .22 bullet as a door prize! Our chickens dont roam over to there property ever! Thier dogs however come here all the time as of late...the pellet gun dont even scare them no more. So .22 it is!
On another note please pray for my step dad. He is in the hospital with a blood clot in his leg. He has been having pain in his leg and went in to have it checked. They found a clot and will be preforming surgery possibly today. I am about to head up there for the day. He has had medical issues the past few years and your prayers would be greatly appreciated. He is so young still. He just turned 55 Sunday. Thank you in advance, I will keep you all updated.
Have a great day!
Trish
I'll keep your family in our prayers!
ReplyDeleteGood neighbors are truly hard to find sometimes. Our neighbor kid is a good one with good folks. He showed up at the door one evening last fall. I said hey K, what's up. He said, You missing a chicken? I said I don't know, why did you find one? His dog had come home with one and his folks made him come down right away to tell us and offer to replace it. Of course I couldn't fuss too much because the chicken was free ranging on their property. It just meant a lot to us that he came to the door!
Not very nice dogs... sendin prayers for your step dad.
ReplyDeleteWhat a pain in the butt! We haven't had a lot of dogs coming to visit but we get them enough to get annoyed. Not even coming to tell ya... err some people!!!!
ReplyDeleteI will be thinking about your step father. Keep us posted. Best of luck.
-Leigh
I absolutely get REALLY ticked when some ones dogs repeatedly roam your yard and kill your chickens! Thats when the 3S's apply SHoot SHovel and Shut up!
ReplyDeleteHope Your step dad does okay! Praying for him!