We ordered from McMurray Hatchery 10 red star 10 black star 6 Araucauna (easter eggers)
They also included an extra red star and a mystery chick..staight run on that one. All the rest are pullets. Here are some pictures I snapped once I got em in there brooder box with some food and water.
Just an overhead shot...they are so cute!
One of the red star
This is the mystry chick..you can see it has feathered legs and feet..I hope it turns out to be a pullet.
A red star looks like she's winkin'
This is one of the araucauna(easter egger)
A close up of the mystery feather footed chicky
Aint they just the cutest things
Black star and red stars
Some of them seem to prefer being under the light..these lil girls have had a rough start so far with all the traveling
Hope you enjoyed the pics of our newest babies.
Our other 3 chickies are 2 weeks old now..They are still with momma hen, and they are doing great.
I have another silkie broody settin on 2 eggs....those will go to a friend of mine after they hatch...they are about half way there and lookin so far so good.
Other news: My youngest son left for church camp yesterday after church..its a camp for the preteens and only for 3 days..they will be back wednesday. He is my lil chicken helper and is gonna be a lil upset the new chicks arrived when he was gone...I told him it might happen that way.
Well gotta run ; )
Awwwwwwwww... those chickies are too cute! I hope your mystery chickie is a girl too. Have fun.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jen.
ReplyDeleteThe mystery chick is a Partridge Cochin. Hope it's a girl.
ReplyDelete~~Matt~~
Chicks look good! I always order from Murray McMurray and have for 20 years or more. I've got Red Stars and Black Stars as well. We ordered some Partridge Cochins but somebody stole them, or else just those three got ate..seemed kinda fishy to me! Can't wait to see as they grow up! We've got 6 babies with momma hen and two more hens sitting.
ReplyDelete