This was friday after school. He requested a sugar cookie cake. With all my running that day I got home just in time to throw some cookie dough in a pan sread it out, get it baked and run to the bus stop to pick him up....Got er' done! His birthday supper he requested, steak, baked potatoe and with a side of mushroom and onions.(only he and I eat the mushroom and onions round here) Sorry no pics of supper. It was really good though. He got his bday gifts from us..and between 2 sets of grandparents got $50 cash. My kiddos dont really request a party anymore, which suits me just fine ; ) Saturday evenin the hubs took us out to eat some Chinese. We havent ate out in quite some time. He has been workin outta town for the past 3 weeks, he stays outta town during the week but comes home every Friday evening...it was a nice treat to go out. Tommorow is his birthday and he will be the big 41. I got him a lil something from me and the boys and gave it to him friday evening. Hope that his birthday week is stress-free and the job runs smoothly. He's a super-intendent on his job and had an operator call this morning and quit. He's thinkin it not lookin like a good start for the week, but I have high hopes and pray that it'll be a good one. Well there ya have it, my birthday boys for October..one turned 11 and the other 41..I love ya'll!
Today I cooked an early supper since DH had to go back to work..b4 he left he got to enjoy some fried center cut boneless pork chops...some cabbage that was simmer cooked with cooked bacon pieces and a lil bacon grease, mashed taters and mac n cheese. Not very healthy I know, but it was dang good!
I gotta add that I have recently discovered that my teenage son can and will eat mashed taters any time of the day or night......He's a tater eatin fool! : ))
Happy Birthday to your son and husband... dinners sound nice :)
ReplyDeleteHappy birthdays all around! I too love mashed taters, and can sit down to a big bowl of them with brown gravy as the ultimate comfort food! Glad you got to go out on the town!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to your fellas! My hubbin is outa town mon-fri too! Sucks when they are gone on the B-day's.
ReplyDeleteThanks ya'll
ReplyDelete