one of our lil country ornaments on our tree, aint he cute?
Just wanted to pop in and say Hello to my readers.
Things have been busy as always round here. But we are enjoying our Holidays and looking forward to Christmas time. We put our tree up the Saturday after Thanksgiving and have been enjoying some cooler weather here. Yet yesterday was in the 70's today is in the 50's...We're used to the way the cold comes and goes here in this part of Texas. Just apart of our life. We can put away winter clothes, but we never put away summer clothes ; )
Last week I thought my oldest had a stomach bug, the normal vomitting and such. After the second day (Thursday) I took him to the Dr. He was running a low grade fever and said his stomach STILL hurt.
Needless to say, He was having an apendectomy by Friday morning. We spent Thurs. nite in the hospital and they preformed laproscopic surgery to remove the appendix. He was released Friday and we were home by 9 p.m. that evening. He is doing well and may return to school tomorrow if he feels like it. I have decided to wait another day or two. When I feel he can move around a lil better. So, for sure no physical activity til his Dr, says..we are to report back to Dr. in 3 weeks.
Other than that its just the normal hustle and bustle round here tending the animals and such. I am going to be making some Christmas candies and cookies and hope to get pictures so I can maybe post about it.
I lost a buff orpington during Thanksgiving break. Idk what was wrong or what happened, just found her in the henhouse floor, here one day and gone the next. Sad to deal with those sorts of things, but it happens. All the birds look healthy and they eat great, so I really dont know why it happened.
Still no eggs from the new birds, they're 25 weeks this week. Starting to get a little perturbed about it to.
When the oldest can get around a lil better I will be taking our Christmas pics to go on our Christmas cards. Gotta a couple ideas and cant wait to try em.
Well, to any readers that I have left, I do apologize bout not posting regularly but I get so side-tracked and really keep myself busy. Some ppl think since I'm a stay at home mom that I have all this time on my hands, thats seriously not the case. Oh sure it could be, if I was lazy...Lol
You all know what I mean, we have a household to run, and a farm, and kiddos, and a husband, and cooking and then the lil in between things, and then the unexpected things. We're some busy ladies arent we? : )
~Thanks for stopping by today~
No worries! We will be waiting for ya. Hope your oldest recovers soon and btw the rest of us stay at home moms get it all the time too. Hell most of the time I am so busy I say I wouldn't have time for a 9 to 5 job! :) All the best and Happy holidays!
ReplyDeleteThanks Leigh.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear your oldest boy is doing ok! Hubs had to have his appendix (sp?) out shortly after we got married. It's amazing how quickly they recover! God Bless ya and have a Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteThanks Goodwife! Good to hear from you ; )
ReplyDelete