Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Egg production on the rise

These eggs are from today. Its been terribly rainy all day here. And they decided to gift me with all these beauties. The darkest of the bunch are from my new layers. Still no aracauna eggs yet. The three on the bottom corner or from my silky girls.
Thanks ladies!


This beautiful purse was handmade by The Goodwife. I recieved it in the mail Christmas Eve. She had a trivia about her life on her blog. I knew I wouldnt get it all right but thought it was fun enough to try and guess the answers. Little did I know she updated to draw a random winner as well. The button is a deer antler button, very neat! Right now I have my family Bible housed in that purse. My MIL gifted us with a new bible for Christmas and it has Our Family name in Gold lettering on the front bottom corner of the cover. I love it and will treasure it forever.

So I thought I would share a few random pics of some things I like.

These are some Ball Ideal Blue jars I found. The lids that are on them are not the correct ones, but until I find the others these will do. I researched the jars and they are from the 20's and 30's. I just wander what goodies these jars held for a family from that era. And who was the family? Where were the from? I'm strange I know, I just get mesmerized by little things like that. Right now they just sit atop my fridge with some beans and peas for decoration. I like my jars!


A little picture on top of my China/trophy cabinet.
Its a china cabinet, but it homes the many trophies that my boys won from football to baseball and some ribbons from track season. I'll have to take a full picture of it sometime to share. It used to be my MIL's,  she passed it to us awhile back.



I love the saying on that picture. Lol. Aint it just the truth!



I coulda kicked my husband for takin this pic of me Christmas morning. But I guess I asked for it really. You see I was icing some homemade cinnamon rolls and I said, "this would be a good post for my blog, too bad nobody around here takes pictures but me."
I was just wanting him to take a pic of the hands icing the rolls, he knows how I feel about my glasses, but anyway heres the pic.



This was the finished product. These are the best cinnamon rolls ever. I get so  many recipes from blogs, but I am pretty sure this is from Jennifer at All because two people fell in love. We love these things! Very addicting. I really like that they are quick and easy to make. No rise time.
Well hope you enjoyed the pics! Fixin to settle in and watch a movie with the husband : )
Thanks for takin the time to stop by
Until next time,
Trish

7 comments:

  1. Those rolls look sooooo good. Starving now! :)
    Glad to hear egg production is back up. Ours too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cinnamon rolls! I was the recipent of the other purse from the goodwife..I ended up giving it to oneof my girls because her krazy knitter thing fits it perfect... But they are very neat purses!
    Chicken sign is soo true!Lol
    Are your chickens Ameraucanas or Araucanas? Ameraucanas or easter egg layers lay all sorts of colors not just green or blue eggs. They are a cross with some type of laying hen and Araucanas.. Araucanas are rumpless or no tails. Most that you by from hatcheries are the cross... And you may know all this.. So if you do please disregard this part of the comment.. LOL I need to make cinnamon rolls.. Or maybe I dont because I Really like them.Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so yummy send a few over this way please.
    Don't mind the glasses, without mine I am as blind as a bat lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just look at all them pretty fresh eggs! I love the purse, the jars are cool (I love jars and sittin them around in my kitchen, I have rice, beans, popcorn kernels, sugar, hot choc. mix in some of mine). Love the signs and the cinnamon rolls look so yummy... hummm wonder if its one of my recipes? Do you remember what the recipe is called? Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trish, I'm so glad you are keeping your new Bible in the purse! That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! ;) Your home is beautiful and you are as well. I'm glad your hubby took that pic! So glad you are getting more eggs now. Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies!
    Rina- I am blind without mine as well, I wake up and put my glasses on, later as my day starts I put my contacts on. I never go out in my glasses if I dont have too.
    Tonia- I believe mine must be AMERACAUNAS, because they have rumps and tails.
    Leigh- Glad to hear your eggs are on the rise too.
    Jenn- I'm pretty sure its your recipe. I use the cream cheese and powder sugar for the icing. I just have the recipe labeled as homemade cinnamon rolls...Lol
    Goodwife- thank you. I love the purse. Hope you have a great new year as well girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well good to know SOMEBODY is getting eggs..cause im sure not! ugh!! lol... love the pics tho! :)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha' think about that? Feel free to leave us a comment ; )