Thursday, December 23, 2010

This and that...pic heavy!

Popping some corn to make some of The Goodwifes Caramel Corn

The finished product..sorry no in between pics.
This is so yummy..next time I will add some peanuts; )


The other night we all opened one gift. I chose what the kids opened, just something small.


Even Molly got in on it. I had been training her which was her gift, teasing her with it all week. So she was happy to finally get to open it.


No matter how old they get, they still get excited right?


The hubby's new bow I got him. I know nothing about bows so I contacted a friend to help me find a good one. We got a great deal too. This is his 1st bow. And lemme tell ya, he's a real good shot too!


Showing there goodies. I felt kinda bad that the youngest only opened a box of bionicles but I wanna save the best for later. ; )


Molly and her new Baby!



We went to our friends house and used thier target so Hubby could get familiarized with his new toy!


I walked around back and took some horsey pics...Thought about ya' Goodwife! This ones for you!

Well hope everyone has a great Christmas. I have been hustling and bustling around lately trying to get everything finished. We are finished shopping..yay! Today I will be making my famous pecan pies and I'm gonna try some of those Cake Balls that Jen posted about. I also havent made any christmas cookies yet so I will be making those as well.
p.s. Some of my new layers are finally giving me some eggs. They are really dark brown eggs. I think its  my red stars, but idk, I havent gotten any green eggs yet from my aracaunas. And oh yea about those aracaunas..I ordered only pullets 10 red satr 10 black star and 6 aracaunas. Well turns out instaed of 6 aracauna pullets I got 4. YEA they sent me 2 ROOSTERS. I ordered from McMURRAY's...I still dont know how to handle that.

Lets not forget the real meaning of Christmas. As a friend of mine said lets keep the CHRIST in Christmas. HE is the reason for the season!

Until next time my friends,
Trish

7 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas From Kentucky :)

    We so love The Goodwifes caramel corn, I've made 3 batches already and each time I've added more cups of popcorn. The last batch I used 24 cups. Make the cake balls, I made more of those last night too... I used a hm chocolate choc. chip zucchini cake with leftover icing from Christmas cookie night. Taking a bunch to my sisters tomorrow for Christmas. Mommas here and we made more cut out Christmas cookies tonight too. Our teenagers would love to open 1 gift but I'm makin em wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the cake balls Jen..very time consuming(I made 2 batches) but worth it. Made my pecan pie too. Will do christmas cookies tomorrow..been a long day here. Ready to take a hot bath and relax with the T.V. a bit ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas! Looks like everyone enjoyed their gifts especially the Hubby! The popcorn looks good! I may have to go look up her recipe and try it..
    On the 2 roos I always buy from Cackle Hatchery since I live close to them.. Anyway every time I order pullets they have a disclamier that reads that they leave a 5% margin for Human error. One time I ordered 6 pullets and got 1 roo in the bunch he is my big rooster wouldnt trade him for the world The other time they were all pullets no errors..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! You have a pretty horse. I get such a kick out of watching our dogs open gifts. Its hysterical!
    Merry Christmas girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love ya girl! merry christmas eve!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ya'll!
    Thats a friends horse Leigh But I see one in our near future..Lol
    Thanks Tonia I just told the hubby what I wanted and he placed the order to Mc Murray, I'm sure there might a been some fine print he didnt read there I guess.
    And Triple J farms..I wub ya too..Merry Christmas to ALL OF YA'LL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl! Just got a chance to read this post. So glad you like the caramel corn. Thanks for the horse pic!! Is it your? Looks like a cutie. Hope you had a great Christmas and will catch up soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha' think about that? Feel free to leave us a comment ; )