Friday, February 19, 2010

OuChy..that had to hurt!

So I go out to check eggs this morning and I found a whopper. I'm sure its a double yolker. What do you think?


Yesterday I got 11 eggs..which is way less than I have been getting. So far today this is all I have gotten, but its still early yet. I was averaging about 20 to 24 a day. I have sold 7 dozen this week since Monday. I also have a standing order totaled to 7 dozen..I guess you can call it a Back Order..b/c I dont have 7 dozen at the moment...LOL! We went from having too many eggs , we couldnt get rid of em fast enough to not having enough to fill orders...ho hum...whats a farmgal to do in a crisis like this.
In other farm news, I have several broody hens and I sat 6 eggs under one of em'..today is day 4, so far so good I guess...cant wait to candle em...March 8th should be the hatch date!
So tomorrow is baseball try outs for my youngest son..Yay!
I am so ready for baseball season to start...I love it! He is 10 and on the Mustang League..this is his 2nd year in kid pitch. He has been playing every year since he was 4. He's the baseball player and older son (13) is our football player.
Well hope ya'll have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah... I say its a double yolker! Yummy I've got 1 more week with my hatch, need to do another post. Cant wait to see your new chickies :) For some reason my chickens laid 15 eggs today, yay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and I love all your "critters". The chicken coop/run is great, wish we had that much room... One day I want to raise chickens, but it'll have to wait a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer I am glad that your chickens are pickin back up for ya'...

    Anke, Hi! Glad you found my blog and took time to visit..I know you'll just love raisin' chickens..I do! Nice meeting you.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha' think about that? Feel free to leave us a comment ; )