Been a long time since we've been to the beach. Like since before our last hurricane. Didnt realize it till this weekend. The hubs dont really care for the beach, he's more of a lake man. So we never really hardly ever go. However in 2007 we went on vacation to Orlando Fl. and we really enjoyed those beaches. We have the ugliest beaches if you ask me, ecspecially after walking on the sandy white beaches in FL and Miss.
We happened on the beach today because it was on location where a COOK-OFF was being held...Everything was so different looking from what I remember..pre-hurricane IKE 08'
Although there has been alot of re-building of homes and businesses, you can still see that it was hit hard. After we left the cook-off we stopped off at the beach here and had a looky around...I love the sound of the waves, Just love it!
Tomorrow we are headed to the in-laws for the day. I made some peanut butter bars..they are settin up in the fridge now. Got the recipe from Country Blossom...they look yummy!
Hope ya'll have a great labor day week-end!


I love the beach but have only seen it once in my life.
ReplyDeleteGlad you were able to enjoy it.
We just got back from a week in Florida and we all love it. It gets in your blood, the sand and the waves! Have a good weekend and I haven't forgotten about your dish rags, just haven't got them mailed yet! ;)
ReplyDeleteGail: Really only once? We live only maybe an hour from the beach depending on traffic...I guess sometimes we take for granted what is right here...because we know its always here, makes you kinda think about it when you hear that someone has never been or hasnt been but once. Thats like mountains..oh how I wanna see some one day...I love mountain scenery..I'd eat it up! Heres to hoping you get to go to the beach, and I get to go see some mountains ; )
ReplyDeleteGoodwife: Yay...we love florida! Cant wait to hear about your trip! Anytime on the dishrags girl, no hurry..thanks again ; )
Nice Beach Pics. Our boys are like that in size too, lol.
ReplyDelete