Monday, March 8, 2010

This Week Begins Our Spring Break and Fever!

So this week is Spring Break for my boys. That would be great right? Well My youngest little rascal is running fever..since Saturday nite. He says he feels fine other than a cough. I am alternating tylenol and motrin, and giving him a Rx cough medecine. If he continues this all day today then to the Doctor we will go tomorrow. Last time he did this last year, it was the same thing fever and nothing else..they said it was viral and they didnt feel the need for a antibiotic. We dont have the luxury of medical insurance, but I have a Dr. we all use thats only about 20 minutes away. After a 55 dollar office visit and 30 bucks or more for 1 Rx..that pretty much eats up a 100 dollar bill. But it really dont compare to the piece of mind I have when I leave there. Last Monday my oldest son..had a sore throat for several days..no fever..took him to the Dr. before it turned into STREP. Doc said it was a sinus infection..sore throat was due to the drainage.
Anyway, isnt that how it normally works? We get 1 kiddo well and then the next 1 is coming down with something...Thats always how it works here.
To top it off..its raining here. And its forecasted for the next several days. Just Lovely!
Today is suppose to be hatch day for the 2 remaining eggs under my broody. But nothing. Not a pip one. Oh I will give it another day or so and then I guess I will pitch em'!
Well I guess I am finished rambling for the day...I gotta sick baby to tend to (he's 10, but still my baby)
When things seem like they arent going that great here and there... I dont ever forget what God has blessed us with. He is here with me everyday, thru everything. I am not perfect, and He knows that.
I have a book called A Mothers Daily Prayer Book...I keep it on my dresser opened to that particular day...Each day has a verse or a prayer or a poem some days have each.
This is todays Bible verse.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.  ~ John 16:33~

I find that everyday as I read that days page..It relates to what is on my mind that day or what events are going on that day..its a very calming sense that reminds me He is here with us everyday.

~~~~~Hope ya'll have a Good Day~~~~~~

6 comments:

  1. Nice Verse... so true :) Hope you lil boy feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your baby will feel better soon. Nothing worse than a sick kid at home and not knowing what's wrong or not being able to help them.
    Our spring break is one week away and there's a 30 % chance of rain every. single. day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the rain and fever messing up the first of spring break. Hopefully it will improve; hope your son is well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope he gets well fast! I always hated it when my girls were sick. I was so worried.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ya'll..We are callin the Dr. in the morning for an appt...I'm thinkin it could be bronchitus because of the cough..But I'm hoping its not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dont' you hate it when the bug goes around the hosue. Hope he is feeling better soon! I noticed you're linked up for the 52 weeks/Shoot Me, do you have a picture this week?

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha' think about that? Feel free to leave us a comment ; )