Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Whole Wheat Apple Cinnamon Muffins

3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup olive oil (I didnt have that, so I used Canola)
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 med apple peeled and diced
*Mix all these ingredients well and then add
2 cups whole wheat flour
*Mix well and then spoon into butter greased muffin tin. Bake at 400 for 20 - 25 minutes Mine only took 15 minutes or so.

**Makes a dozen muffins**

This is right before I popped em in the oven.


I knew one batch wasnt going to be enough.


So I baked another...my second batch came out prettier that my 1st. Dont know why that happened.


I have also been trying to sprout some lentils.

Here they are up in my cabinet above my stove. I started them day before yesterday. So far nothing is happening : (
If anyone has any suggestions are knows anything about lentil sprouting let me know.

**Muffin recipe is from http://www.keepingthehome.com/



2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if it really matters, but I kept mine in a dark place - aka the kitchen cabinet. Also, I had mine in the water overnight, then drained the water out and put the jar on its side. Rinse the lentils twice a day (I did it in the morning and in the evening) and they should sprout in a few days. I posted about sprouting lentils on my blog, but the original directions are from "chickens in the road". Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muffins look yummy... I made zucchini bread, Italian bread loves (for later in the week) and pizza dough.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha' think about that? Feel free to leave us a comment ; )