Sunday, January 23, 2011

pics of the pig pen for jen!

Front view of pen


Side view


He didnt want me INSIDE his pen takin pics; )


"Hey do you have any treats?"


Giving him a good scratchin....wanted to get a pic so you can kinda judge his size better.
Keep in mind I'm on higher ground than him in this pic though.

Okay so since I wasnt really sure of the actual size of the pen, me and the oldest son measured today. And the pen is 16'x28'. 

Until next time,

5 comments:

  1. Awww... Thanks for postin all this for me Trisha. I really like your set up. Gives me a great idea what we need to make for Porkchop. How far down did you all put the fence into the ground. Hes really dug himself a path along the fence hasnt he, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome. I'm gonna guess The panels are at least half a foot down. I'm not sure though. Yes he has a path that he walks back and forth on and he has just beaten the path down. In the summer when we havent had rain I will fill it up with water for him and he just loves it. Also he will get in his pool and lay around in it to cool off.
    Dont know if you noticed but in the back corner by the henhouse he has a little covered area to offer some much needed shade in the summer time. Pigs can get sunburnt easily. So they need some shade and some mud to waller in to keep cool, they cant sweat so when they get hot thats how they regulate there body temp. But you probably already know all that, I'm sure you google everything like me..Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you've got a lucky happy piggy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL... Your right I did google it! But thanks anyways. I really think your pig has a nice area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've enjoyed reading your blog and looking at your photos.
    Have a Blessed Day!
    You have a new follower!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha' think about that? Feel free to leave us a comment ; )